Receiving a Career Development Award could provide you with key advantages for accelerating your career. But with unique application requirements and a distinctive review process, applying for K grants can be a ‘black box’.
The good news is, it doesn’t have to be! In this two-session workshop, Conquering K Awards: A Path to Success, we are demystifying the K grants program and sharing the keys to success, so you will place your application in the best possible position. This workshop is for you if:
- You are inexperienced in putting together a K application; or
- You have some experience with submitting a K application, but are unsure how to be successful; and
- You are an early-career researcher who is ready to get funded; and
- You want to understand “what are reviewers looking for?”
This workshop will equip you with the tools for:
- Identifying the right K type for you and when to apply
- Tailoring your application to the needs of the reviewers
- Optimizing the key features of successful K proposals
- Interpreting reviewer critiques, especially for resubmission
- Putting together the full package of research and training
- Evaluating your own application objectively to revise it for maximum impact
Session A will provide didactic instruction through a broad introduction to the types of K grants, when and how to apply, and elements that make for successful applications. This session is appropriate for early-career researchers (postdoctoral and clinical fellows, junior faculty, graduate students) seeking to learn more about Career Development Awards, as well as those who are actively preparing K applications.
Session B is a hands-on session that will build on the material from Session A in a tangible way, enabling practical implementation of the principles for success. This session is appropriate for individuals who are already developing their K application and are ready to put the skills to use in their application preparation.